Property Law, Conveyancing and Estate Agency
Whether you are a first-time purchaser or already exposed to the property market, we are able to offer you an all-inclusive property law service to meet your requirements. Our rates are competitive and, by accessing our property fees calculator, you may obtain an instant estimated fee quote for your proposed property purchase.
See the link for The Law Society of Scotland's 7 step guide to buying a property. http://vimeo.com/123817096
You may also e-mail us for a more detailed quotation of fees relating to re-mortgages and property sales. As members of the Dumfriesshire Solicitors Property Centre we offer a full estate agency service with the following benefits:
- A competitive combined estate agency/conveyancing fee.
- Internet advertising on our web site and that of the Solicitors Property Centre for Dumfriesshire.
- Full colour (digitally prepared) sales brochures.
- Adverts in our two property shop windows and in the Solicitors Property Centres throughout the region.
- Distinctive “For Sale” signs.
- Free pre-sale consultation to advise on marketing.
Other Services - Wills, Powers of Attorney Etc.
We also advise on the preparation of Wills, Powers of Attorney and Trusts.
A significant part of our practice is devoted to winding up estates of deceased persons. At a difficult time for families we offer guidance on the most cost effective way to administer estates and, if necessary, apply to the Sheriff Court for Confirmation (the Scottish equivalent for Probate) and advise on matters such as Inheritance Tax and Deeds of Variation.
Finally, we advise clients on the preparation of tax returns as well as more complex tax planning issues involving inheritance tax (our inheritance tax calculator may be a useful aid).